At the Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga, Ontario, our vision is to be the finest hospital in Canada in the hearts and minds of the people we serve. Our value-centred leadership is based on respect and a dedication to excellence through understanding individual patient needs and the delivery of compassionate and expert care. Our 270,000 square foot expansion currently under construction, will house 100 additional inpatient beds, substantially increase in our maternal/child facilities, and expand our cancer treatment resources.
Mississauga-Halton Falls Prevention Coordinator, Regular Part Time
The Falls Prevention Coordinator will assume leadership for supporting the implementation of a regional Framework for Falls Prevention. The Coordinator will be the pivotal role in implementation of seniors education programs in a variety of community settings, and implementation of an in-home exercise program for “at-risk” seniors. Both the in-home and the community-based programs are pre-developed and it will be the responsibility of the Coordinator to support the rollout of these services. In addition, this role will support the enhancement of the Credit Valley Hospital Falls Prevention program.
On an ongoing basis, the Coordinator position will support the implementation and sustainability of the work and recommendations of the Mississauga Halton Falls Prevention Steering Committee which is made up of a cross-section of service providers including hospitals, community support services, long term care homes, community-based care providers, public health agencies.
The Falls Prevention Project Coordinator reports to the Director of Rehabilitation Services at the Credit Valley Hospital and will also be accountable to the Mississauga Halton Falls Prevention Steering Committee.
A graduate of a health care profession from a recognized university and/or college
Current registration with a professional regulatory body
Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience in a community agency or hospital
- Demonstrated experience in providing training to health professionals, including patients and their families, medical and health professionals
- Demonstrated facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability with strong project management and communication skills
- Ability to nurture and maintain credible working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- External connections with other health care providers, special interest groups and community agencies is an asset
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through http://www.cvh.on.ca and clicking on Career Opportunities.
The Credit Valley Hospital is a smoke-free environment. No smoking is permitted within the hospital boundaries.