Deadline August 22, 2016
Chaque personne compte. Every One Matters.
Bilingual Health System Navigator
Permanent Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Black Creek CHC is a community-based primary care organization that is committed to addressing the social determinants of health in a client-centered, equity driven manner. We are seeking a health care professional to provide support and advocacy for clients and families living in the North York West area of Toronto. The Health Systems Navigator will facilitate linkages to programs & services that may include (but not limited to) mental health and addictions, chronic disease management, primary care providers and acute care when needed. The overall goal of this position is to assist clients to move easily through the healthcare system in a culturally & linguistically relevant manner. Fifty percent (50%) of this position will be allocated to implementing & delivering programs and services to the Francophone community; this includes developing and maintaining linkages with Francophone health service providers within the Black Creek community as well as across Central LHIN.
- Implement the Francophone navigator model for health care navigation at BCCHC
- Support outreach to Francophone community members who could benefit from receiving system navigation support
- Engage with and promote navigation services to Francophone service providers within the Black Creek area and the broader community
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to design and deliver health promotion programs (groups) to Francophones living in North York West
- Provide support to BCCHC Francophone clients and facilitate access and coordination of services both within and beyond the Black Creek Community
- Monitor and record types of services provided for Francophone clients at the hospital and in the community along with client experiences
- Develop a work plan with key targets and timelines to address health issues, cultural needs and networking with Francophone and other high risk communities & ensure funder targets are met.
- Participate in and promote on-going professional learning opportunities to support the provision of culturally relevant services to Francophones and other equity seeking populations.
- Work with partners to develop a Francophone navigator model in other areas of Central LHIN.
- University degree in health care field of study
- Experienced clinical practitioner; registration with regulated body in Ontario is an asset
- Fluency in French (written & spoken) and competency in English
- Experience working with and extensive knowledge of Francophone community - language culture, customs and traditions; preference to individuals that identify as Francophone.
- Knowledge of community-based health care model with particular knowledge of Francophone services available locally, regionally and provincially
- Demonstrated experience working with clientele who face multiple barriers to service
- Proven ability to work as a team member and independently
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and EMR software systems
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to work flexible work hours
Start date: Late September/Early October 2016
Please forward a brief cover letter and resume before August 22nd, 2016 to:
Francophone Navigator Recruitment
c/o Doris Kamwa
Black Creek Community Health Centre
2202 Jane St. Unit 5
Toronto, ON M3N 1A4
Black Creek CHC is a client-centered organization serving people from diverse backgrounds. We especially encourage candidates to apply who enjoy being part of a progressive working culture that is representative of Toronto’s dynamic and diverse multiracial and multicultural population. We work to ensure that our services are inclusive of Francophone and Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBT and visible minority groups.
Thank you for your interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Selected candidates must be available for interviews on August 25th or 26th.