Deadline March 12, 2018
Location: Toronto (Downtown near Union Station)
Status: Full-Time Permanent
Created in 2007, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer ("the Partnership") is an independent organization funded by the federal government to implement the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control. The Strategy aims to reduce the incidence of cancer, lessen the likelihood of Canadians dying from cancer, and enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer. As the steward of the Strategy, we work collaboratively with cancer agencies, governments, national organizations, patients and families to advance meaningful and measurable progress in achieving shared goals.
Overview of Role
In 2016, the Partnership's Organizational Digital Strategy (ODS) was created. ODS clearly articulates an action plan for how the Partnership can make the most of digital technologies to mobilize knowledge more effectively, support our organizational outcomes and influence evidence-based decision making in the cancer control community. One of the key ODS projects is the consolidation of a number of websites, primarily Cancerview.ca and PartnershipAgainstCancer.ca, into one main organizational website presence. Reporting to the Manager, Digital Strategy the Digital Strategy Officer will be primarily responsible for leading efforts related to the continuing transformation of PartnershipAgainstCancer.ca into the organization's main website. The individual will also be responsible for maintaining the website's content moving forward.
Qualifications and Experience
- University or college degree/diploma in Digital Strategy, Human Factors or related field
- At least 3 to 5 years' experience leading and delivering digital projects
- Expertise and skills in digital strategy, user experience (UX), design and content management
- Experience applying digital best practices throughout projects (e.g. user experience, user research)
- Experience writing for the web and print in a clear, concise and straightforward format (using plain language)
- Experience applying best practices to AODA standards digitally
- Experience working with WordPress
- Ability to understand end users and synthesize research findings into relevant digital content experience
- Strong relationship management skills, including ability to interact and work effectively with colleagues, vendors and stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in timely manner
- Experience in not-for-profit sector is an asset, particularly communications or web-based experience in the health care and/or cancer areas
- Project management experience is required
Deadline: Friday, March 12, 2018
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Talent Management at [email protected] indicating 'Digital Strategy Officer' in the subject line.
All applicants are appreciated however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at [email protected].