Vancouver, British Columbia
January 25-27, 2018
Please join us as we enter our third decade of hosting the BC Early Years Conference welcoming participants from across Canada and Internationally. This conference focus is on early childhood development, early childhood intervention and family support. The initiative reflects the powerful partnerships that we have formed across many communities: University of British Columbia, Infant Development Program, Aboriginal Infant Development Program, Sunny Hill Health Centre, BC Children’s Hospital, Family Support Institute and many more. These partnerships allow us to address diverse topics of evidence based practice and research.
- Consider the influence of diverse social and cultural factors, including digital media and technology, in the context of child and
- family development
- Recognize the impact of trauma, including intergenerational trauma, and other adverse life experiences
- Consider how children with special needs experience and interact across different environments
- Enhance our understanding of inclusive approaches in supporting the child, family and community
- Review evidence based approaches aimed to strengthen resilience in young children and their families
Who Should Attend:
This interdisciplinary conference will be of interest to the following audiences: Aboriginal Early Childhood Development Professionals, Administrators/Managers, Advocacy Organizations, Behavioural Therapists, Community Development Workers, Counsellors, Dietitians and Nutritionists, Early Childhood Educators, Education Assistants, Families, Family Development Workers, Family Resource Program Staff, Government Representatives, Infant Development Consultants, Infant Mental health Professionals, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Oral Health Professionals, Parent Educators, Physicians, Physiotherapists, Policy Makers, Pregnancy Outreach Groups, Program Facilitators, Psychologists, Recreation Therapists, Researchers, School Administrators, Social Workers, Speech Therapists, Students, Supported Child Development Consultants, Teachers
- Early Bird Rate - (before/on December 8, 2017) $445
- Regular Rate - (after December 8, 2017) $495
- Individual Day Rates
- Single Day Conference $275
- Student Rate $250
- Partial tuition bursaries are available: http://interprofessional.ubc.ca/initiatives/earlyyears2018/bursary/.
For more information or to register, please visit http://interprofessional.ubc.ca/initiatives/earlyyears2018/.