Fort Frances, Ontario
Deadline October 17, 2014
Position: Health Promotion Coordinator #2014-19-2
Terms: Permanent – full time - COPE Union
Location: Fort Frances, ON
The Health Promotion Coordinator facilitates the implementation of effective public health strategies and programs by health unit teams and staff. This includes facilitating: program and team planning and evaluation processes, including evidence reviews; needs assessment, content development and evaluation of educational and promotional materials and other program communications products (e.g., media releases, web content, campaigns, social media); team performance planning,monitoring and reporting systems; and program team CQI projects.
This position also provides support to programs in the areas of healthy public policy, grant development and internal policy and procedures.
- Master’s Degree in Health Promotion, Public Health or other relevant discipline.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience working in a public health setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of Epidemiology and the use of evidence-informed practice.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating group planning and evaluation processes.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards, Health Protection and Promotion Act, provincially mandated programs assigned to Health Units by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and related regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Proven skills in the development, planning, analysis and evaluation of programs and projects.
Salary: $33.49 to $39.76 per hour
Other: Access to transportation required. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Criminal Record Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Or email [email protected]. Quote "Northwestern Health Unit Career Ad #2014-19-2" in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 10/17/2014 12:00 PM, CDT