Government of Canada guidelines for colorectal cancer screening
* Provides information on how people can reduce their risk of this disease
* Ready-to-print education materials
* Shows current news releases on cancer prevention efforts
* Provides a general overview of screening, prevention, treatment and research for all cancers, including colorectal cancer.
* Links with Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre and provides a list of programs and resources affiliated with the institution.
II What is Colorectal Cancer?
III Who Is At Risk?
IV Available Screening Tools
V Preventive Efforts
VI Applications to Practice
--Karen Parsons, MSc (App), RD, Study Coordinator for Colon Cancer Screening Study at Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre
II Response to OHPE 310.1, "Access to Oral Health Services"
III Response to OHPE 312.1, "An Overview of Chronic Disease Prevention"
Writing in response to our May feature on oral health (http://www.ohpe.ca/ebulletin/ViewFeatures.cfm?ISSUE_ID=310&startrow=1), Robert Bowes points out some recent media coverage and work by individuals, coalitions or groups, as well as indicating an interest in hearing from people active in the field.
From the website: "The Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control provides strategic leadership in the development and implementation of integrated chronic disease prevention and control strategies, working with relevant stakeholders at national and international levels to ensure an integrated approach to chronic disease prevention and control."
Ministry of Health Planning
1515 Blanshard Street
Victoria, B.C. V8W 3C8
Tel: (250) 952-3456
Alberta Healthy Living Network
300 Campus Tower, 8625-112th Street
Edmonton, AB T6G 1K8
Tel: (780) 492-8532
Fax: (780) 492-7123