We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents and a thriving business community and leader among Ontario municipalities in efficient, effective service delivery - the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Award for Excellence.
Are you a self-starting and forward-thinking health professional who thrives on new challenges and appreciates working in a progressive environment where innovation, teamwork, effective communication, respect and integrity help guide quality client service? If so, consider this challenging contract opportunity within our Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division of Peel Health Services.
Health Promotion Officer, School Program (Public Health) File #07-234
Duration: approximately fourteen (14) months
As an integral member of the School Health Team, you will plan, develop and evaluate health promotion practices/programs; make recommendations based on analysis of relevant research data and results of program/project evaluation, and prepare related reports. You will also provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and best practices as well as develop education and health promotion materials for the community in order to meet program objectives.
If you possess
- a University degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with 1 to 3 years related experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation
- knowledge of the Public Health Standards in the areas of health promotion for children and youth
- familiarity with key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
- strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent program evaluation skills to support the team in ongoing monitoring and evaluation of programs
- knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS projects, or Microsoft Outlook would be considered an asset
- an ability to travel to various regional locations and to work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- salary range up to $66,920
- pay for performance plan
- a benefit package
- a high tech environment
- mentoring and coaching
- training and development
- a healthy workplace
- direct links to management and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To be considered for this attractive career opportunity, please apply online by visiting us at http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs. Select current listings and go to Health Promotion Officer, School Program (Public Health) File #07-234. You will be invited to complete a questionnaire on your related education and experience. The position closes on July 22, 2007.
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.