Terms of Employment: 12 month contract beginning ASAP (possibility of renewal), 14 hours 2 days per week, hourly wage of $18.55 plus 4% in lieu of benefits
Deadline: March 10, 2004, at 4:30 p.m.
Location: Toronto--position includes travel throughout Ontario, opportunity for telework if desired
This is an exciting, flexible part-time opportunity that will enable you, the Community Network Facilitator, to meet with women across Ontario to hear about their health priorities.
Background of OWHN
Since 1997, the Ontario Women's Health Network/Le Reseau ontarien pour la sante des femmes has worked with women, service and care providers, local groups, health practitioners, and other organizations in Ontario to share information and resources on issues related to women's health. OWHN embraces a holistic view of health that includes not only women's physical resources but also the economic, social, and environmental conditions of their lives. We have structured our organization around a strong set of values and principles.
To establish dialogue with women throughout Ontario to identify women's health priorities and facilitate information exchange in conjunction with the Provincial Director. The information gathered will be used to explore ways in which the OWHN can continue to provide support for women around their health priorities.
To work with Provincial Director to
* Conduct a series of women's health discussion groups throughout Ontario. These discussion groups are to span across diversity such as ethno-cultural, francophone community, First Nations community, disability, age, sexual orientation, status and class.
* Establish an Advisory Committee to guide the focus group workplan.
* Synthesize and present findings of focus groups (six to 12 per year).
* Support Regional Networking on women's health including community capacity building and attending regional/local workshops, conferences
* Work with Board of Directors to develop a sustainability plan based on identified needs of women across Ontario
* Pre-established, diverse, women's Networks throughout Ontario
* Experience in outreach, planning, and community development
* Strong facilitation skills and cross cultural communications skills
* Demonstrated organizational skills
* Strong understanding of women's health issues within the current social, economic, and political context
* Ability to document outcomes & recommendations gathered in focus groups
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficiency in English and French (clearly indicate your language proficiency)
* Flexibility and availability to travel throughout Ontario
* Ability to work independently and with a team
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to
OWHN Hiring Committee
Ontario Women's Health Network
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z9
Fax: (416) 408-2122
Deadline: March 10, 2004 at 4:30 p.m.
The Ontario Women's Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. Only individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.