Competition No: PS-2002/340-DM
Salary: $48,103 - $56,463 (2000 rates)
Reporting to a Public Health Manager you will take a leadership role in implementing healthy living projects related to multicultural health. You will develop community capacity though consultation, community assessment, partnership building and implementation of innovative multicultural health projects. The work will include the development of strategies for new immigrant and refugee populations. Language and cultural fluency in the dominant ethnic and cultural communities of Ottawa will be considered an asset.
Candidate qualifications include
* Honors Degree in health, social sciences or related field and a minimum of 4 years in-depth experience working in health promotion and community development as it relates to multicultural issues;
* current knowledge of health promotion strategies and interventions, including community mobilization;
* advanced skills in making oral presentations, project proposal writing, report and policy writing, planning, problem solving, fiscal management and conducting program evaluation;
* ability to supervise and lead others, manage multiple projects and work with the multicultural community; and
* fluency in English is required. The ability to communicate in one of the dominant ethnic languages will be considered a strong asset.
If interested, please forward your r