Our Health Department is seeking two Health Promotion Officers. You will be an integral member of a multidisciplinary team focusing on health promotion strategies for communicable disease programs on a project-based assignment.
You will plan, develop, implement and evaluate health promotion practices/programs in order to effectively meet the Mandatory Program and Services Guidelines. As well as providing recommendations based on analysis of data and results related to program planning, you will also provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and best practices. You will also develop education and health promotion materials used for the public, work places and health professionals in the community in order to meet program objectives.
* a university degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with 1 to 3 years related experience in program development, implementation and evaluation;
* knowledge of the Mandatory Program and Service Guidelines;
* familiarity with key theoretical models of health education and health promotion;
* strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data;
* excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote immunization to the target groups;
* knowledge of MS Office, MS Access, MS Projects, SPSS or other epidemiological tools would be considered an asset; and
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.f
The salary range is $43,081 - $58,287 plus comprehensive benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume quoting file number 02-265, by August 9, 2002 to
The Regional Municipality of Peel
10 Peel Centre Drive
Brampton, Ontario L6T 4B9
Fax: (905) 791-6118
[email protected] (Word only, please include the job title and/or file # in the subject line of your message)
We are an equal opportunity employer. The Region of Peel appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.