East End Community Health Centre, a non-profit, multi-service centre providing health, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion requires a Community Health Worker.
The position involves working with community partners to reach out to isolated women with children age 0 to 3, coordinating a post-natal drop-in program, and working with the health centre's early years team to develop appropriate programs to provide pre-natal, post-natal and toddler care to a multi-ethnic and low income population.
We are looking for an individual who has
* an understanding of childhood development and parenting skills,
* an understanding of the social and economic pressures on low-income and immigrant families,
* experience working with children and families,
* experience in working in partnership with a variety of community agencies and grassroots organizations,
* experience in developing programs, facilitating groups, and reaching out to individuals in the community, and
* creativity and innovative ideas in thinking through how to reach project goals.
Knowledge of community services for children and families in the east end is an asset. Knowledge of South Asian or Chinese languages is an asset but not required.
Length of Contract: 14 months (until March 31, 2003) with possibility of extension
Hours: 3 to 4 days per week
Salary: $33,000 - $42,000 (pro-rated) with benefits
Please submit resume by Wednesday February 20, 2002 to
Program Co-ordinator, East End Community Health Centre
710 Kingston Road
Toronto, ON M4E 1R7
Fax: (416) 694-2909
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.