Managed by Carleton University, the Community Economic Development program (CEDTAP) supports communities and their CED organisations by matching their needs with technical assistance expertise and by promoting CED as an economic development model for Canadian communities.
The Information and Communication Officer will be responsible for implementing the CEDTAP Communication and Information strategy. Duties will include preparation and dissemination of written and multi-media material; development and maintenance of a national portal on CED and of CEDTAP Website including development and collection of all relevant content promoting the practice of CED in Canada.
The position will be located in Ottawa. This is a renewable one-year contract. The position is full-time.
* University degree, preferably at a Masters level, in a related field (such as Communications, Journalism, Library Sciences, Social Sciences) or relevant combination of education, training and/or experience;
* Experience in community-based economic and/or community development;
* Experience in managing a Web site and knowledge of Internet technologies;
* Fluency in written and spoken French and English;
* Spanish would be considered and asset.
Applications including an introductory letter in both official languages and curriculum vitae should be sent to CEDTAP no later than Friday, September 28th, 2001 at the following adress:
c/o Jacques Carri