1 year contract
Ontario's 16 District Health Councils (DHCs) are planning a comprehensive survey of health provider agencies across Ontario. The survey, which will be contracted out to a market research firm, has the following objectives:
* To gather comprehensive and authoritative data on the current status of health human resources in Ontario;
* To quantify current and projected labour shortages by occupation and by provider agency type;
* To document provider agency experiences with recruitment, retention, and training initiatives;
* To identify factors influencing labour shortages in certain occupations, as well as perceived consequences/impacts of labour shortages; and
* To compile and disseminate the survey results to inform planning in the health sector to develop evidence-based strategies and recommendations to address current and projected health worker shortages.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with a healthcare background. Experience working with the market research industry would be a definite asset. You will report to a Steering Committee consisting of representatives from the DHCs. Your duties would include the following:
1. Monitor the work of the market research firm
2. Liaise with 16 DHCs
3. Track budget expenses
4. Communicate with project funder
5. Supervise a Project Assistant
6. Liaise with key stakeholders
7. Develop communication plans
8. Ensure timeliness of project deliverables
9. Provide proactive outreach to potential respondents to encourage participation
10. Respond to queries about the project on behalf of the Steering Committee
11. Provide phone, fax, and email support to survey respondents
Salary range: $60,000 to $70,000 commensurate with experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Location: The project is provincial in nature and the work location is negotiable. Some travel will be required.
Start date: Early August
The application deadline for this position is Friday June 29th at 4:30 p.m. You may send your cover letter and resume to the Hiring Committee at [email protected] (PC format only please). No phone calls please. We thank all those who take the time to apply for this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.