(2 Year Term)
The Inner City Health Project is an innovative two year pilot project designed to assist the homeless in accessing health services, in conjunction with existing health programs. The Project Director will be responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of this
initiative and will work closely with existing agencies responsible for the delivery of services to the homeless. The Project Director is directly accountable to the Chair of the Inner City Health Steering Committee and the Vice Dean of the Faculty of Medicine.
Candidates will be considered with
* A Master's degree in Nursing, Health Administration or a comparable field.
* A clinical background in medicine, nursing or a related field is considered an asset.
* A minimum of five years experience in managerial and program development positions in a health environment.
* Knowledge of the community-based health system and system of services for people who are homeless.
* Demonstrated strong project management skills, including program development, evaluation, adult education, inter-organizational and inter-disciplinary team-building, milestone reporting/communication.
* Knowledge of the broad range of health determinants.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of various computer programs.
* Knowledge of managerial techniques.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Bilingualism would be an asset.
Those interested should contact
Dr. Jeffrey Turnbull
Faculty Medicine, University of Ottawa
Tel: (613) 562-5800, x8130
The deadline for application is Feb.21/01.