EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY 000127
Salary $27.51 - $29.90 per hour
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, co-ordinating and evaluating the food security programs and strategies outlined in the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines under the Health Protection and Promotion Act. Advocates for and supports the development of policies to address food security issues.
EDUCATION: Baccalaureate degree in Food and Nutrition or equivalent. Master's degree from an accredited university in community nutrition or a related field to food security. Current registration with the College of Dietitians in Ontario.
EXPERIENCE: Two years in a related field with direct experience with food security initiatives.
LICENCE: A valid Ontario driver's licence and a reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principals of food security and the community nutrition field.
- Population health and health promotion strategies.
- Community development and mobilization strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Organizational skills and the ability to set priorities, to work on multiple projects and co-ordinate program and service delivery.
- Excellent skills in problem solving and consensus building.
- Leadership and advocacy skills to develop policies relevant to food security issues.
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team.
- Initiative and creativity.
- Proficiency in Windows NT.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours in order to meet the needs of the community.
This is a Union position - CUPE Local 905. Initial area of employment at 22 Prospect Street, Newmarket.
Please apply by providing an up-to-date resume by December 6, 2000 at 4:30 p.m. to the Human Resource Services Department, The Regional Municipality of York, 17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket, Ontario, L3Y 6Z1.