$18.00 per hour, 24 per week
This position is being offered for as a one year contract.
This position reports to the Oakville Parks and Recreation Department, Recreation Supervisor, Youth Programs and Volunteer Development and is responsible for the day to day operation of the Youth Development Centre; developing and administering program for the centre.
* Co-ordinate the daily operations of the youth Development Centre.
* Develop and implement all programming and activities for the Development Centre
* Supervise the centre during operating hours
* Liaises with the Volunteer Board of Directors for the Youth Development Centre
* Recruits and trains volunteers for the centre's operations
* Records statistics and prepares information reports as necessary
* Developments and implements a Marketing and Promotions plan for the Youth Development Centre
* Provides on-going needs assessment of youth issues at the Development Centre
* Responsible for security of centre and equipment
* Prepares an annual budget and maintains a cost efficient facility.
* Maintains facility in good working order and ensure daily cleaning of the centre.
* In conjunction with the Recreation Supervisor, is responsible to ensure the maintenance operation of the facility including tracking of repairs: purchasing of supplies and equipment and overseeing maintenance.
* Track and order all required supplies for the Development Centre.
* Ensure effective health, safety and risk management procedures are developed and adhered to
* Communicates with community groups with youth interests
* Performs other duties as assigned
Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Recreation, or related field. A minimum of 2 years experience working with youth, teens and volunteers. Good communication skills. Valid First Aid and CPR certification.
Please forward resumes to:
Susan Fanelli, Parks and Recreation Department
1225 Trafalgar Road
Oakville, Ontario L6J 5A6
905 845-6601 fax 905 338-4188
Resumes must be received by June 12, 2000 4:30pm