Status: F/T Permanent; Salary Range: $42,049.28 to 49,196.42 per year
Reporting to a designated manager in the Child and Adolescent Health
Division, the Dental Health Promotion Officer is responsible for assisting schools, teachers, parents and the community groups in developing and implementing strategies targeted towards improving the dental health of children with greatest need. This key resource person is also responsible for developing and maintaining resources that are available to the community that will assist in achieving the goal of improved oral health through better understanding of lifestyle, diet and regular personal care. The legislative requirements for this position are mandated under Section 7 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, and described in the Mandatory Health Programs & Services Guidelines.
- Four year bachelors degree in health promotion or in one of the health, social or behavioral sciences.
- 2 years related experience in health promotion with and emphasis on child growth and development and working with families and teaching groups.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an interest in dental health
- A vehicle as well as a valid driver's license are required
- Oral fluency, reading and writing ability in English and French for one position
- Oral fluency, reading and writing ability in English for one position
- Knowledge of: Health Promotion concepts; Epidemiology; Developmental ages and stages; Group process and group dynamics; Principles of community mobilization/development; Principles of teaching and learning.
- Abilities to: Communicate effectively with individuals and groups in both oral and written forms; Assess the health-related needs of individuals, families and groups; Mobilize groups; Facilitate groups; Utilize creative decision-making and problem-solving skills; Set priorities and manage time effectively; Work both independently and in a multidisciplinary team; Identify and seek pertinent continuous education opportunities
- Understanding of the differing beliefs and value systems of others and respectful of all individuals.
NOTE: Job Descriptions are available from HR Reception at 111 Lisgar, or from the HRSB - 7thFloor West, 495 Richmond Road, or by calling X 3669 and leave your name, mail code address or fax number. Applications received will be acknowledged by letter after the closing date. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted within 2 weeks.
It may be necessary to assess/test for specific qualifications/skills. All interested applicants should forward their employment application quoting competition No. R000035-DM and include copies of relevant qualifications to: Deborah Manera, RPR, CHRP, Human Resources Officer, Health Department H.R. Service Bureau, 495 Richmond Road, 7th Floor, Ottawa, Ontario K2A 4A4 Internal Mail: 56-30 Fax Number: 613 724-4124 e-mail: email@example.com using Word 6.0/95 or earlier, or Rich Text Format (rtf).