no deadline noted, starting date early March
The Leisure Information Network has an immediate opening for a person with strong Internet skills to coordinate the Active Ontario and National Recreation Database projects and assist with other duties in the LIN office. This is a full-time contract position for one year with a good possibility of renewal.
- Project coordination and network development
- Responding to requests for information about our web sites and databases by telephone, email and in person, with referrals to appropriate partners and organizations.
- Web page design and maintenance using MS FrontPage, Dreamweaver and other html editors.
- Identification of appropriate information, and input to the Active
Ontario/LIN web sites (news and events, new publications, job postings,
resources available for free etc.)
- Conversion of full text documents to html for posting on our web sites
- Maintenance and monitoring of listservs
- Indexing and abstracting documents for the National Recreation Database
- Preparation of progress reports
- Knowledge of html programming using MS FrontPage and/or Dreamweaver
- Familiarity with graphics applications such as MS Image Composer
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Windows-based applications such as Wordperfect, MS Word, MS Access
- Ability to quickly learn new windows-based software applications and to troubleshoot simple problems
- Proactive self-starter who display initiative in taking on new projects and multitasking in a rapidly changing environment
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Bilingual (French/English) with excellent oral and written skills in both languages
- Familiarity with sports, recreation or active living issues
- Experience in project coordination
The Leisure Information Network (LIN) is a non-profit organization which provides information services to sport, recreation and leisure professionals and volunteers. Starting date will be early March. Email or fax resume with salary expectations and sample html page(s) to: Agnes Croxford, Managing Director, Leisure Information Network, 1185 Eglinton Ave East, North York, ON M3C 3C6 Fax: 416 426 7421