Deadline April 12, 2018
The Prevention Office is responsible for leading the creation, development, implementation and integration of a provincial occupational health and safety strategy and for managing and overseeing an annual occupational health and safety report for the Ministry of Labour.
We need your expertise to research and analyze strategy, policy and program data.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- conduct strategy research and analysis projects related to the development of occupational health and safety related strategic initiatives and action plans
- provide data, prepare reports and business cases to support Prevention Office strategies, policy and program recommendations and advice
- support the development and management of models, tools and prototypes used for strategy related research and analysis
- develop and support mutually beneficial and productive partnerships and business working relationships with other branches, divisions and ministries
How do I qualify?
Policy and Program Development:
- you have experience with policy, legislation, regulation, or program development and operational planning
- you are familiar with the programs and legislation (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations) related to the prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses
Research and Analytical Skills:
- you have experience with research, statistical, analytical and evaluation methodologies
- you have expert analytical skills, detail orientation and conceptualising skills
Organizational and Project Management Skills:
- you have organizational and project management skills to manage a varied work load in a high pressure environment and to participate in concurrent projects, meet deadlines and deliver results
- you have oral and written communications skills to consult with peers and experts, provide advice to and prepare material for review by senior section and branch staff
- you have relationship management skills to build strong working relationships and networks
- you have experience using common office software, including data/information sources to perform research and analysis, prepare correspondence, analyses reports and presentations
Salary Range: $61,397-$85,839 per year
- 3 Temporary, duration up to 9 months (with possibility of extension), 10 Dundas St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, April 12, 2018, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 121515 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.