Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Deadline March 19, 2018
We are looking for a highly-motivated and effective person to join our tightly-knit, collaborative team. We need someone who is in equal part excited by the big picture vision of what we are doing and by the details of what is required to make it happen - an idealist and a pragmatist. This person will be primarily responsible for the planning and delivery of the FoodFit program but also liaise with the FoodFit team at Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC).
The ideal candidate should be very comfortable running a kitchen, have some background in nutrition and/or food skills programming and food safety, have experience with delivering community-based group programs, be comfortable with basic office computer programs, be supportive of program evaluation and reporting, and, above all, have excellent motivational skills. Innovation and flexibility are important traits that can contribute to program success and improvements, but facilitators should commit to deliver the FoodFit program as directed.
- Recruit and intake FoodFit participants
- Fulfill FoodFit grant reporting requirements
- Deliver ready-made 12 week program focused on increasing healthier food and exercise knowledge, engaging participants in a 30 minute walk or other physical activity, teaching food skills and recipes to prepare weekly snacks and meals, overseeing food safety in a busy kitchen
- Recruit and manage program volunteers
- Contribute to program improvements based on your experience and participant feedback
- Seek out suitable community partners to support program delivery (e.g. yoga or tai chi instructors, nurse or nursing students to take vitals with participants, etc.)
- Motivate participants to achieve success in the program
- 2+ years of experience in any area of nutrition, public health, food skills, kitchen management, social program delivery, personal training
- Knowledge of community-based food programs and understanding of hunger/poverty/food system issues
- Knowledge of the link between food, physical activity and physical/mental health outcomes
- Experience with working with low-income community members an asset
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
Location: Wasaga Beach, ON and surrounding communities
- 2 year contract, part-time
- Year 1: 18 hours per week for 46 weeks
- Year 2: 10 hours per week for 46 weeks
Please Note: The chosen candidate must be available Friday, April 13th, 2018 - Saturday, April 14th, 2018 for paid training in Toronto.
Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by Monday, March 19th, 2018. Specify FoodFit Program Facilitator in the subject line. Feel free to contact Erika Haney at 705-422-0900 x 131 with any questions pertaining to this job posting.
To learn more about the FoodFit Program, please visit: https://cfccanada.ca/foodfit.
To learn more about our organization, please visit: http://www.southgeorgianbaychc.ca/.