Deadline February 20, 2018
Job Classification: Title Program Evaluator
Job ID #: 2297178 X
Division: Public Health
Section: Communicable Disease Control
Work Location: 277 Victoria St.
Job Stream: Health
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Temporary Duration: 12 Months
Salary/Rate: $44.68 - $48.96 / Hour
Hours of Work (bi-weekly): 70.00
Shift Information: Monday to Friday - 35 Hours
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Date: 05-Feb-2018
Closing Date: 20-Feb-2018
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager and working with the Integration, Information and Surveillance Associate Director, the Program Evaluator works collaboratively on the multidisciplinary Communicable Disease Control (CDC) Quality Assurance (QA) Program to provide continuous quality improvement and evaluative support to CDC programs.
- Collaborates with CDC program staff and management in the planning and evaluation of CDC programs
- Develops and reviews program logic models
- Analyzes needs and develops assessment tools
- Establishes and maintains a framework and standards for program evaluation in collaboration with other program evaluators within the division
- Designs and tests evaluation and applied research strategies and tools
- Develops plans for the implementation of the evaluation strategy in collaboration with internal and external groups
- Researches, reviews and implements policy for evaluation and summarizes the results
- Plans and implements educational activities on program evaluation, as needed
- Participates in the development and implementation of surveys
- Evaluates public health strategies and programs, including efficiency, processes, outcomes and cost effectiveness
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analyses and summarizes the results
- Prepares evaluation reports that relate to evaluation objectives
- Prepares reports for management staff as well as the Board of Health, City Council and its committees, and external organizations for the signature of the Medical Officer of Health
- Contributes to program planning
- Represents Toronto Public Health at conferences and workshops
- Identifies research opportunities and funding sources that support public health practice, prepares and submits grant applications
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates literature pertaining to program evaluation
- Consults on day to day evaluation and applied research problems
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Master's degree in Health Sciences, Applied Social Sciences, Health Administration or an equivalent combination of a baccalaureate degree and extensive experience relevant to the primary duties of the position.
- Considerable experience with evaluability assessments and process and outcome evaluations, including the use of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Considerable experience as an evaluator in a public health or similar setting.
- Considerable experience with microcomputer systems, database management and statistical packages used for data analysis in evaluation.
- Considerable experience in preparing well written reports on complex evaluation projects and effectively presenting on them.
- Considerable experience managing concurrent projects utilizing excellent organizational, planning and project management skills.
You must also have:
- Credentialed Evaluator designation is an asset.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively with others in a multidisciplinary team setting with a broad range of program staff, management, senior management and technical experts.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at [email protected], quoting the job ID #2297178 and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.