Deadline November 5, 2017
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Manager, Finance reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, to oversee the planning, direction, and administration of all financial, budgetary and related special projects for the Health Unit.
In addition to managing the Finance team, the Manager will provide functional leadership and will lead the organization in developing financial strategies, policies, new systems, and practices. The successful candidate will be a key collaborator and provide integration on an interdisciplinary divisional leadership team related to program and strategic planning, client service, quality, and innovation.
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related discipline is required
- A graduate degree and additional certifications is highly desirable
- Successful achievement of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation in good standing (CPA-CMA, CPA-CA, or CPA-CGA)
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in finance or accounting
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in directly leading and managing a team of finance professionals
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with public sector financial management
- Management experience in a unionized and/or multi-funder environment is highly desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project, MS SharePoint, and MS Dynamics
- Proven experience in project management, change management, and risk management
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, along with communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate in French and/or other languages is desirable
The Health Unit offers a healthy work environment and attractive benefits package. To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by November 5, 2017 quoting posting # FINMGR-1017.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote protect health of our community.