November 20, 2017
9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. (8:30 a.m. registration)
You are invited to attend a free Hepatitis C in Primary Care and Drug and Alcohol Settings Education Program. We recently held this same session in Toronto on 30 September and had a wonderful turn out with numerous people on a waitlist. As such we will be holding this second session in the region.
The Education Program has been developed by the International Network of Hepatitis in Substance Users (INHSU), in collaboration with an expert Canadian Clinical Committee and the Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health (ASHM).
The course will provide primary healthcare practitioners (medical practitioners, general practitioners, nurse practitioners, addiction specialists) with the knowledge to better test for, and treat hepatitis C using new, curative, Direct Acting Antiviral (DAA) treatment regimens.
The Hepatitis C in Primary Care and Drug and Alcohol Settings Education Program is delivered in three parts:
- Part 1 an eLearning component introducing you to topics related to the assessment, management and treatment of hepatitis C
- Part 2 a highly interactive workshop, building on the knowledge and skills gained in Part 1 through practical application through case discussions facilitated by local experts
- Part 3 a tailored resource toolkit provided post-workshop including; a checklist for the assessment and treatment of HCV, local referral pathway information, Fibroscan® access forms, assessment pro forma, quick reference guides.
By attending this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the risk factors for HCV infection enabling effective practice screening processes and recall systems
- Demonstrate competence interpreting clinical relevant information to diagnose HCV infection
- Demonstrate competence in liver disease assessment
- Demonstrate understanding of DAA therapy for the treatment of HCV and competence in selecting and prescribing appropriate therapy
- Monitor patients on treatment and post-treatment appropriately
Cost: the Education Program is free and meals will be provided
To register, please visit https://ashm.eventsair.com/inhsu/hcvworkshopmississauga.
Please also note that travel scholarships are available, if you are interested in applying, please contact email@example.com.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and accredited by the Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver. Participants can claim up to a maximum of 6.0 study credits.
This program has been reviewed by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and is awaiting final certification by the College’s Chapter.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Nikitah Habraken at Nikitah.Habraken@ashm.org.au.