Deadline November 3, 2017
Reporting to: Executive Director
Salary per year: $45,000 to $50,000
- Will be responsible for working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders (patients, cancer care centres, hospitals, workplaces etc.) to strengthen and improve patient support and stakeholder knowledge of our materials, programs, and tools related to melanoma prevention and awareness.
- Will develop procedures and coordinate programming for our Summer Camps Sun Safety programs, support for patients and their families, as well as our patient information meetings and support groups.
Minimum of B.A./B.S. in public health, health promotion, health related discipline or social work with a concentration in community health or community organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 3 years’ experience in providing outreach for a health organization or institution.
In addition the candidate will offer:
- Successful track record of developing strong working relationships with volunteers, healthcare facilities and community organizations
- Knowledge of the oncology community and service delivery is an asset
- Program development experience preferably in healthcare
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, decision making skills, and attention to details
- Superior computer skills including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CRM)
- Reliable, hard-working and committed, compassionate, passionate individual who wants to make a difference in their community, and whom is accountable for their work and projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Use of personal vehicle may be required from time to time
- Ability to travel within Canada and work flexible hours
If you are interested in pursuing this rewarding and meaningful opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to Alexa Cain, Executive Director of Melanoma Network of Canada, c/o [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until November 3, 2017.