Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Deadline September 29, 2017
Algoma Public Health will receive applications for a permanent full-time Public Health Inspector, in Sault Ste. Marie/Algoma district.
Ability, Experience, and Skills for this position include (but not limited to):
- Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada) with preferences shown to a holder of a related degree and certification as an inspector under the Ontario Building Code Act
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources relevant to the area of environmental health
- Previous experience
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong interest in professional development and self-learning
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be reliable and have a good attendance record
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including weekends and evenings, as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and use of a reliable vehicle
- Police record search and clearance is a condition of employment
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Algoma Public Health will provide accommodation for candidates with disabilities, upon request.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 4:30pm, September 29, 2017
Submit applications to:
Algoma Public Health
c/o Human Resources
294 Willow Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 0A9
Fax: (705) 759-2540
Email: [email protected]
Visit our website http://www.algomapublichealth.com.
We would like to thank all candidates for responding; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.