Deadline October 10, 2017
Job ID #: 2283062 X
Division: Public Health
Section: Strategic Support
Work Location: 277 Victoria St.
Job Stream: Health
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary/Rate: $42.04 - $46.08 / Hour
Hours of Work (bi-weekly): 70.00
Shift Information: Monday to Friday - 35 Hours
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Date: 11-Sep-2017
Closing Date: 10-Oct-2017
To design communications strategies and tools to affect positive health and lifestyle outcomes in the general public and specific external target audiences, using a diverse range of multi-platform health communications and marketing portfolios, including print, electronic and media channels.
- Provides guidance and advice to program managers regarding marketing and promotions
- Conducts risk assessments for all marketing and promotion initiatives and recommends risk mitigation tactics
- Controls all aspects of the campaign/portfolio
- Monitors project process and ensures critical timelines are met
- Ensures all marketing and promotion initiatives meet access and equity standards
- Liaises closely with program managers and staff to design leading edge marketing strategies
- Ensures the client is continually apprised of the status of the project, especially milestones and issues
- Ensures that complex public health data and information is appropriately translated into clear and concise language suited to the target audience and that it conveys the appropriate messaging
- Ensures all necessary components of the campaign/portfolio are delivered on schedule
- Develops clear electronic content for social marketing
- Provides media relations support
- Ensures all health marketing and communications products align with the Toronto Public Health Strategic Plan
- Trains Toronto Public Health staff in relevant communications skills, such as clear writing skills, writing for the web, etc.
- Ensures the delivery of marketing and communications products when components of the development are outsourced to the agency of record
- Liaises with external marketing agencies where appropriate
- Conducts research to maintain an up to date knowledge base regarding the marketing and communication techniques and best practices currently utilized in the marketplace
- Maintains the integrity of and works to improve the Toronto Public Health brand
- Conducts thorough evaluations of campaigns to determine effectiveness
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- A Baccalaureate degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Sociology, or Cultural Anthropology, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in a marketing or communications field.
- Considerable social and traditional media experience.
- Considerable experience working on digital communications.
- Considerable experience managing large projects or social marketing campaigns.
You must also have:
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform research.
- Ability to interpret complex concepts and translate the information to layman's terms.
Apply online at http://bit.ly/2hd3HF2.
Communication: Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, screening, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at [email protected], quoting the job ID #2283062 and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.