Deadline August 31, 2017
Permanent Full-Time Position (Bilingual)
The Public Health Inspector is responsible for providing a comprehensive environmental health program in the community in accordance with the Ontario Public Health Standards and the Health Protection and Promotion Act. Using a variety of professional and technical skills, the Public Health Inspector protects individual and community wellness through health promotion, education, inspection and enforcement of provincial Acts and Regulations.
- Current certification in Public Health Inspection from the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors of Canada;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent;
- Public Health experience is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Thorough knowledge of all legislation and standards as they relate to environmental and public health;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is required for this permanent position;
- Willingness to work flexible hours and travel to meet program needs;
- Access to a vehicle and possession of a valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in this full-time position that offers a competitive salary and benefits package, please forward your resume by August 31, 2017 to:
Porcupine Health Unit
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are contacted, please advise us if you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process. For more information about the Porcupine Health Unit, visit our website at http://www.porcupinehu.on.ca.
Disponible en français