Deadline August 9, 2017
Are you an innovative, results-oriented leader who has strong relationship management abilities? If so, consider this exciting opportunity!
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Provincial Programs Branch is looking for a dynamic leader to provide strategic management of the AIDS and Hepatitis C Programs, lead program delivery and development, coordinate Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care HIV/AIDS programs, and support the Health Minister's Ontario Advisory Committee on HIV/AIDS (OACHA).
Provincial Programs Branch leads and supports system planning, service development and implementation of specialized programs that require provincial coordination, management and oversight. The branch provides funding and program management to selected programs and organizations with a focus on negotiating and monitoring accountability agreements, stakeholder relations and issues management to align with organizational goals and deliver excellent health care services to Ontarians.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Manager, AIDS and Hepatitis C Programs, you will:
- Manage the negotiation and delivery of programs and service planning, monitoring, and reporting functions for provincial programs.
- Be responsible for transfer payment recipient accountability and performance review of funded programs.
- Identify risks and mitigation strategies to manage transfer payment funding within defined allocations.
- Provide strategic advice to senior executives and make recommendations relating to AIDS and Hepatitis C programs where applicable.
- Identify, analyze, and address issues/events which may be contentious and/or politically sensitive and controversial.
- Inform and keep senior management updated on emerging issues and required Ministry actions.
- Participate in branch/divisional/ministry strategic planning and decision-making activities.
How do I qualify?
Leadership & Political Acuity
- You have demonstrated leadership experience in motivating and inspiring staff to accomplish and meet key ministry initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience providing innovative leadership and results-oriented problem-solving in a politically sensitive environment.
- You have been successful in promoting equitable practices that value diversity and inclusiveness in your work environment and support employee engagement.
- You have excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills along with a strong sense of political acuity to deal with a variety of large, complex and sensitive files that affect Ontario’s most vulnerable populations
Stakeholder Management and Communication Skills
- You have demonstrated superior written, oral and interpersonal skills and can influence and negotiate with partners and stakeholders to find collaborative solutions for complex issues.
- You have demonstrated stakeholder management skills with the ability to establish and maintain credible relationships with senior management, clients and partners.
- You can effectively manage expectations and anticipate and resolve major obstacles and conflicts.
- You have experience managing sensitive and contentious issues.
You have or can quickly acquire knowledge of the:
- ministry's strategic direction, mandate, initiatives and programs,
- government decision-making processes and approvals,
- government agenda, priorities and the ministry's vision.
- You have knowledge of health and social services and public administration, with specialized knowledge of AIDS and Ontario Hepatitis C Programs.
- You have or can quickly acquire knowledge of Ontario’s health care sector, including in areas of governance, legislation, major trends and key issues.
Salary range: $99,005 - $113,156 per year
Location: 56 Wellesley St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Duration: 1 Permanent
Please note that this position is under review as part of the Management Job Evaluation Plan (MJEP) Project. MJEP is a new job evaluation system for manager and non-bargaining specialist positions in the Ontario Public Service.
Implementation of the new system may impact the classification, salary range and terms and conditions of employment for this position. Employees will be notified of any impact prior to implementation.
Interviews for this competition are anticipated to be August 28-29.
This competition may also be used to fill future SMG1 vacancies in the Provincial Programs Branch.
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, August 9, 2017, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=110221. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.