Deadline July 25, 2017
Public Health Nurse (temporary, full-time)
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) is currently seeking a Public Health Nurse to work in a temporary, full-time capacity, on MLHU’s Child Health team within the Healthy Living division at 50 King Street, London until August 2018. Under the direction of the Manager, Child Health, the incumbent will:
- Work collaboratively with schools, communities, groups, families, and individuals to enable them to enhance their health and prevent disease;
- Provide nursing care, programs, and services in school-based settings using a comprehensive school health model;
- Provide health education and health promotion services in elementary school environments to individuals, families and target groups;
- Maintain related records, documentation and statistics; and,
- Prepare reports as required, and in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN) is required.
- Current certificate of competence from the Ontario College of Nurses (CNO) is a requirement.
- Knowledge and understanding of elementary school system and comprehensive school health is necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication & presentation skills.
- Proficient technical skills in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, & database software.
- Ability to work flexible work hours is required.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s licence and own transportation.
- The ability to communicate (written and verbal) in French or and other language(s) is highly desirable.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in comprehensive school health and Foundations for a Healthy School.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by July 25, 2017 quoting posting #: CHFTPHNOPP-0717.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.