Deadline July 24, 2017
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.3 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
1 Regular Full-time
1 Contract Full-time
Duration: approximately 16 months
The Epidemiology Section of the Office of the Medical Officer of Health requires a dynamic, self-starter to provide high level expertise with regards to database management and the analysis and mapping of health data in order to support program planning, and monitor the health status of Peel’s residents.
- Work in a self-directed manner within a collaborative team environment and will be responsible for the organization, analysis and interpretation of health-related data using sophisticated software and analytic tools
- Present and interpret data into useful graphs, charts, maps and text and serve as a consultant to Program and Departmental staff regarding technical issues related to health data for program evaluations, research activities, mapping and other special projects
- Collaborate and work with internal staff, external agencies and other health colleagues in the province
- Baccalaureate degree in Arts or Sciences, preferably in Mathematics or Biostatistics or other related Public Health Sciences
- A minimum two years related experience
- Knowledge and understanding of public and community health issues
- An ability to coordinate the collection and retrieval of health data
- An ability to synthesize, analyze and communicate health/epidemiological information from multiple sources
- Knowledge of health related database sources (e.g. IntelliHealth Ontario), emerging survey tools, and relational databases
- Excellent computer skills using SPSS/SAS, Access, Excel and mapping software (e.g. GeoMedia or ArcView)
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently within an interdisciplinary team setting
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) along with project management, and organizational skills.
Compensation: Band 6 - As per Non-Union Salary Structure plus comprehensive benefits
Location: 7120 Hurontario St, Mississauga
Hours of work: 35 hours/week – Monday through Friday
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online at http://www.peelregion/hr by July 24th and complete the attached questionnaire.