Deadline July 7, 2017
Position: Manager, Systems Analysis and Web Development
Location: Toronto (Downtown near Union Station)
Status: Full-Time Permanent
About The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer
Created in 2007, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (“the Partnership”) is an independent organization funded by the federal government to implement the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control. The Strategy aims to reduce the incidence of cancer, lessen the likelihood of Canadians dying from cancer, and enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer. As the steward of the Strategy, we work collaboratively with cancer agencies, governments, national organizations, patients and families to advance meaningful and measurable progress in achieving shared goals.
The Partnership’s vision is to continue to lead, learn and take action on the growing body of evidence and knowledge about cancer prevention and care. With a focused approach, we will execute our strategic priorities, and tangibly measure and demonstrate how the pan-Canadian cancer control strategy has reduced the burden of cancer on Canadians.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Manager, Systems Analysis and Web Development is accountable to provide day-to-day system-level support for the Partnership’s Corporate IT Infrastructure and Information Systems, and to manage all Web Development activities. This position leads and performs a variety of work including design, development, and implementation of application changes or enhancements, as well as integration testing. This position is also responsible for coordinating change management, training and internal team communications. The Manager, Systems Analysis and Web Development, leads a small agile team by organizing project assignments to achieve effective collaboration and efficiency. This position requires exceptional IT business analysis, technical and leadership skills, and strong project management capabilities to interface with stakeholders including product owners, vendor service providers, project management leadership, software developers and QA team. This positon affects positive change by implementing best practices and sustainable IT solutions across the organization.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences or related field
- 10 years practical and related experience required
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Experience with project management methodology and analysis
- Strong analytical skills and interpretive abilities to analyze data to identify problems and make recommendations for improvements or change
- Demonstrable experience analyzing and documenting complex system processes, and writing technical specifications for information systems.
- A leader and team player accustomed to gracefully working and delivering results within a fast-paced environment
- Technical expertise in database systems, programming languages, operating systems, and application development (full stack)
- Familiar with implementation of application development best practices
- Must have Intermediate to Advanced skills in:
- PHP / JS
- MySQL / SQL Server
- .NET development
- Proven analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills
- Ability to proactively lead and respond to change
- A commitment to collaboration and a joint-accountability approach
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills
- Ability to interact and work effectively with staff
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including experience in writing, editing and proofing content for the web
Application Deadline: July 7, 2017
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Talent Management at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca indicating ‘Manager, Systems Analysis and Web Development’ in the subject line. All applicants are appreciated however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.