October 16 & 17, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute at St. Michael’s Hospital
Knowledge translation (KT) is a bridge between research and real-world practice in an effort to strengthen health systems and improve health outcomes. But how do you apply evidence? At the KT Program, we believe that we can implement change in the health system better by thinking about change differently. Our approach to KT is rooted in theory and science, but our application of KT is uniquely pragmatic and focused on real-world impact. Our approach to training involves empowering individuals and organizations in the health system with knowledge and support on how to do KT.
Knowledge Translation (KT) Basics is a 2-day workshop on the fundamentals of implementing change using best practices in KT. In KT Basics, participants will learn how to:
- Identify key KT definitions
- Assess and prioritize implementation needs
- Use appropriate methods to assess the quality of available evidence
- Define the scope of change and ideal practices to be implemented
- Identify key processes that inform the selection of implementation strategies
This workshop will benefit anyone interested in learning more about how KT can be applied to their own work. Professionals and full-time graduate students involved in all dimensions of health (e.g., acute care, long-term care, public health, mental health, etc.) are welcome to attend.
Note: this workshop will not focus on best practices in disseminating evidence/end-of-grant KT.
- Registration for the KT Basics workshop is $850.00 CAD per person.
- There are a limited number of spots reserved for students. Registration for full-time graduate students is $425.00 CAD per person.
- The cost includes participation in the 2-day in-person workshop, food (coffee/tea, snacks, and lunch), and access to take-home resources. Travel to and from Toronto and accommodation during the workshop is not included.
To apply, please fill out the KT Basics workshop application form on the KT Basics website: http://knowledgetranslation.net/capacity-building/our-courses/knowledge-....
The application deadline is August 18th, 2017.
If you would like to discuss whether this workshop aligns with your learning goals and needs, please contact Melissa Courvoisier.