Greater Napanee, Deseronto, and the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory; Ontario
Deadline July 12, 2017
External Competition: SRCC-2017
Posting Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Title: Care Coordinator (Salmon River Health Link)
Location: Greater Napanee, Deseronto and the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory
Reports to: Team Lead for SRHL
Position Type: Contract (July 2017 to March 23, 2018, with possible extension), Part Time (17.5 hours per week)
Start Date: July 2017
Salary: $27,355 to $28,659 (this represents 17.5 hours per week)
The Salmon River Health Link (“the Health Link”) is a network comprised of primary health care providers serving Greater Napanee, Deseronto and the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, and health system partners serving this geographical area such as hospitals, the community care access centre, addictions and mental health and community support services.
As a regulated health professional, the Care Coordinator provides intense case management to clients with complex health and social need. They coordinate client’s health care with the goals of improving the outcomes for those with complex conditions, reducing their general use of hospitals and the emergency department. This position fosters further collaboration and communication between health care providers in the Health Link with a focus on improving care for complex clients.
*This position description is currently under review to incorporate core competencies. Final position description will be provided to the successful candidate when available.
Key Responsibilities / Detailed Responsibilities
- Provide intense case management to clients with complex health and social needs;
- Coordinate care plans and organize care conferences with the patient, their family and care team;
- Conduct relevant assessments patients, as needed;
- Provide consistent communication to health care professionals within a client’s circle of care;
- Support and advocate for the patient’s goals for health improvement;
- Support the patient as they transition through points of care;
- Ensure that required documentation is available on the client’s health record in a timely manner that meets professional standards of practice;
- Provide services at NACHC, satellite locations, outreach settings or at other sites of KCHC as required;
- Maintain a current knowledge of health and community resources pertinent to the particular client base and area of practice served;
- Provide leadership, spread innovation, and promote team-based care across the Health Link area;
- Support a culture of continuous improvement in health outcomes;
- Provide representation on various committees and working groups regarding health links system development, when required;
- Routinely compile, enter and report relevant data per agency and funder request;
- Perform administrative tasks as related to the position, including activities such as time planning, documentation, and report preparation;
- Participate in regular program review and planning of program evaluation initiatives with a continuous quality improvement focus;
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application and development of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- On occasion, perform other temporary duties as required.
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Masters of Social Work, registered with the OCSWSSW; Registered Nurse, registered with the CNO; or Occupational Therapist registered with COTO;
- At least three years recent experience in the health or social services field ;
- Case management experience;
- Community based experience in assessing and addressing patient barriers to good health, an asset;
- Experience working in a hospital or health care setting, an asset;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with professional and non-professional staff and clients;
- Ability to build rapport and trust;
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients on an individual, couple, family and/ or group settings;
- Strong knowledge of the strengths & challenges affecting marginalized communities;
- Multicultural awareness, gender sensitivity, and racial and ethnic appreciation; ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment;
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Experience documenting in electronic medical records;
- Knowledge of policies, legislation, programs, and issues related to area of practice;
- Organizational Competencies: Accountability, Client Focus, Collaboration, Continuous Learning
- Position Competencies: Attention to detail, Knowledge/Professional/Technical Expertise, Problem Solving, Relationship Building, Teamwork, Time Management
- Valid Driver’s License, valid insurance coverage and access to vehicle.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours if required.
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- French language is an asset
Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
Save all documents as a single file using your own name (Last, First). A PDF format is preferred.
Email to email@example.com citing reference “SRCC-2017” in the subject line.
Applications must be received by the Human Resources Manager by 4:00 pm, Wednesday, July 12, 2017.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
As a registered professional, to abide by and be accountable to the ethics and standards set out by the relevant regulatory body of the profession.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
Kingston Community Health Centres, 263 Weller Ave. Kingston ON, K7K 2V4