Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline June 30, 2017
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for a Director in its new Health Promotion Department based in the Head Office in Port Hope, Ontario.
As the most senior management staff of the Health Promotion department, the Director is accountable to the Medical Officer of Health (MOH) for the provision and administration of the assigned*Program Standards, Requirements and Protocols of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS):
www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/oph_standards/docs/oph... and then the Standards for Public Health Programs and Services (SPHPS) 2017, once finalized.
*SPHPS – Chronic Diseases and Injury Prevention, Wellness and Substance Misuse; Healthy Growth and Development; and School Health (Requirements 3, 4, 5,6, 7, 8 & 9, which include Oral Health)
As a member of the Health Unit Executive and Management Committees, the Director is accountable to the MOH for providing leadership in the operation and administration of the Health Unit, and ensuring staff work within the appropriate scope of practice. The position involves travel and variations of the working day.
Visit the Health Unit website (http://www.hkpr.on.ca) under Careers for full details about the position.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in related discipline or current enrolment in a Master’s degree program with completion of the degree within two years of hire to the Director position
- Five years in community/public health/health promotion with at least three of those years in a management role
- Registration/Certification as per department requirements
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Manager/Supervisor as defined by the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada (http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/php-psp/ccph-cesp/pdfs/cc-manual-eng090407.pdf)
- Working knowledge of the OPHS (and draft Ontario Standards for Public Health Programs and Services (2017)
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Satisfactory completion of Health and Safety certification and Basic Emergency Management, Behavioural Interviewing and Mental Health First Aid training within one year of hire
- Satisfactory completion of probationary period (6 months)
- For Nurses, current CPR and First Aid (HCP level) or willingness to be certified at this level within 2 months of hire
Location: Base Office - Port Hope, Ontario
Salary Range: Management/Non-Union Scale – Pay Grid 5-$108,714.00-$116,733.00
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by June 30, 2017 at 4:30 pm to:
Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.