Deadline June 30, 2017
Parent Action on Drugs (PAD) is looking for a creative, web-savvy individual who is capable of multi-tasking, and working independently but also as part of a team. This position provides leadership for HC Link communications, promotions, website, social media and conference communications.
PAD is a forward-looking not-for-profit organization which addresses the multi-factored issues concerning youth substance use. We are a small provincial organization developing and delivering multiple programs and resources for parents and youth and those who support them.
PAD is a member of HC Link. PAD is responsible for leading the communications and knowledge exchange work of HC Link, as well as HC Link’s provincial conference. HC Link supports the work, in both English and French, of local and regional community partnerships, coalitions, groups and organizations working to build healthy communities in Ontario.
The primary area of responsibility is in supporting the communication work of HC Link.
Key areas of responsibility:
HC Link Communications and Promotions
- Supports communication objectives and implements HC Link Communication Plan and Social Media Strategy.
- Leads the internal Communications Committee to coordinate efforts and ensure that the work/services of HC Link are communicated and promoted effectively.
- Leads the creation, planning, writing, layout, graphics and overall production of various communication materials.
- Disseminates online/digital communications through various internal and external channels.
- Supports learning events (webinars, online discussion, etc.) through set up and delivery using online platforms.
Website and Social Media
- Manages and monitors the HC Link website and social media (blog, Twitter, YouTube), including content strategy, execution and analysis of metrics and statistics.
Conference Communications and Promotions
- Leads HC Link’s Provincial Conference communications. This includes creation and distribution of online and print promotional materials, active use of social media, on-going communications, and the development of knowledge products/materials from conference learnings.
Education and/or Professional Qualifications and Required Knowledge and Experience
Completion of a degree in communications and at least 2 years of relevant experience; or an acceptable equivalent of education and experience. Aptitude for web-based tools and applications is essential, and knowledge or experience working in the health promotion field is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Preference given to candidates with excellent oral and written proficiency in both English and French.
- Ability to write for different audiences and platforms.
- Strong coordination and communication skills within teams/working groups.
- Technical Expertise
- Experience using content management systems (such as Joomla, WordPress).
- Knowledge and experience using various social media platforms.
- Experience working with design and layout software (such as Adobe Creative Suite).
- Knowledge and comfort with use of diverse online tools such as Eventbrite, SurveyMonkey, Adobe Connect, MailChimp, Piktochart, etc.
- Computer literacy at an advanced level.
Terms of Employment:
Contract position starting July 10, 2017 to February 28, 2018.
Hours of work – 28 hours ( .8 Full time equivalent) * potential for Full time equivalent
Salary range - $45,000.- $55,000. (Full time equivalent)
Location: PAD office located at 7 Hawksdale Road, Toronto.
To apply: Please forward your resume and cover letter no later than Friday, June 30th, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. to [email protected].
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.