Deadline June 19th, 2017
Full-time permanent position
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the self-regulating body for the province's medical profession. The College regulates the practice of medicine to protect and serve the public interest. It issues certificates of registration to doctors to allow them to practise medicine, monitors and maintains standards of practice through peer assessment and remediation and investigates complaints against doctors on behalf of the public.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (the College) is seeking an industrious and proficient Research Data Analyst to work in their Research and Evaluation Department. In this permanent role, you will focus on using collected data to support College programs, new program development and evaluation and general analytics for the College.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Evaluation, you will use your population-based research skills and data management knowledge to design, create and oversee data projects within the College. Applying your expertise in a health system context, you will contribute to and support the on-going development and implementation of a College-wide Data and Analytics Strategy. Following analysis and interpretation, you will present your findings in the form of reports, articles and briefs as they relate to the College and within the regulatory context.
Your attention to detail, specialized knowledge, and superior communications skills will help you succeed in this position!
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, mathematics, health/data science, health information or a combination of relevant education and experience in the health and/or health professionals regulatory sectors.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in health services research, applied data analytics, data management and/or data science.
- Demonstrated experience in data management including routine standardization and data dictionary design methods and database design.
- Experience with statistical, research, evaluation and analytical methods for population-based and cohort-based research.
- Proven experience with statistical software (i.e. SPSS, SAS and R).
- Strong communication with an ability to display data visually in presentations.
- Proven ability to work independently and in teams and operate in a collaborative environment.
The College offers a flexible 35 hour week and is located at 80 College St., Toronto, ON.
To apply, forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by June 19th, 2017.
Reports To: Director
Job Family: TBD
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Reason for Posting: Replacement
Scope of Search: Internal / External
The College is committed to hiring practices that support accessibility for people with disabilities, employment equity and diversity in the workplace. The College actively seeks to increase their diversity by welcoming applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Applicants with a disability may request accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting the Human Resources Department.