Deadline June 19, 2017.
Status: Permanent Full-Time
About The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer
Created in 2007, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (“the Partnership”) is an independent organization funded by the federal government to implement the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control. The Strategy aims to reduce the incidence of cancer, lessen the likelihood of Canadians dying from cancer, and enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer. As the steward of the Strategy, we work collaboratively with cancer agencies, governments, national organizations, patients and families to advance meaningful and measurable progress in achieving shared goals.
The Partnership’s vision is to continue to lead, learn and take action on the growing body of evidence and knowledge about cancer prevention and care. With a focused approach, we will execute our strategic priorities, and tangibly measure and demonstrate how the pan-Canadian cancer control strategy has reduced the burden of cancer on Canadians.
Reporting to the Cancer Research Survey Manager, the Analyst, Research is accountable for managing various activities related to the execution of the biennial Canadian Cancer Research Conference (CCRC) and supporting the work of the Canadian Cancer Research Alliance (CCRA) and the activities of the pan-Canadian cancer research strategy. The Analyst will also support the Executive Director of the CCRA in knowledge mobilization activities.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in the health or science fields, preferably at the Masters level
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience in health care/public sector
- Previous experience in a role requiring external stakeholder management
- Previous experience organizing conferences, events or large-scale meetings
- Excellent research, analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills, experienced in literature reviews and environmental scans
- Strong organizational, process development and project management/coordination and anticipatory skills
- Strong communication skills with experience interpreting, synthesizing research and technical information
- Highly motivated team player accustomed to gracefully working within a fast-paced environment, and able to work effectively and efficiently on a variety of assignments on a tight deadline
- Experience or interest in knowledge mobilization including the development of knowledge products and dissemination plans a strong asset
- Strong verbal communication, writing skills and presentation skills; in both official languages an asset
- Experience in cancer system and/or public health, specifically cancer screening is a strong asset
Application Deadline June 19, 2017
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Talent Management at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca indicating ‘Analyst, Research’ in the subject line. All applicants are appreciated however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.