Deadline June 26, 2017
Job Type: Full-Time
Job ID J0617-0467
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Manager, Epidemiology and Research, is responsible for carrying out a broad and complex range of investigative epidemiologic activities related to the surveillance, detection, and prevention of diseases; contributing to applied public health research; conducting statistical analyses to identify trends in health, risk and behavioural outcomes used in the planning of health programs for the prevention and control of chronic diseases, injury and substance misuse, reproductive and child health; and providing epidemiology consulting services to assigned program areas in the Public Health Branch.
Salary: $50.52 - $54.92 per hour. This is a Union position.
- Successful completion of a Masters Degree in Epidemiology (e.g. MHSc, MSc or MPH).
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as an Epidemiologist or equivalent experience in a related Public Health setting.
- Demonstrated experience with the use of public health indicators.
- Demonstrated experience with various software applications including statistical and epidemiological packages such as IBM SPSS, Stata, FluidSurveys, and MS Office software applications.
- Knowledge of RRFSS, CCHS, OSDUHS, Census, intelliHEALTH ONTARIO, BORN Ontario, Seer*Stat and other emerging survey tools and database sources.
- In-depth knowledge of current issues and practices related to epidemiology, public health and health determinants and outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan and conduct an analysis of a large dataset
- Good judgement and ability to make sound epidemiological decisions
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and well-developed presentation skills.
- Ability to summarize complex data into useful, understandable, user-friendly explanations and formats for management and staff.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Scheduled Hours: 35
Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by June 26, 2017, quoting competition #20898. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
(This post has now closed)