Deadline July 15, 2017
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an independent organization funded by the federal government to accelerate action on cancer control for all Canadians. The Partnership works with cancer experts, charitable organizations, governments, cancer agencies, national health organizations, patients, survivors and others to implement Canada’s cancer control strategy. The Partnership's vision is to be a driving force to achieve a focused approach that will help prevent cancer, enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer, lessen the likelihood of dying from cancer, and increase the efficiency of cancer control in Canada.
The Partnership is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the position of Expert Advisor, Pan- Canadian Lung Cancer Screening Network.
This advisory position will be approximately two days per month, allowing the individual to maintain employment with his/her current host agency.
Reporting to the Director, Screening and Early Detection, the Expert Advisor, Pan-Canadian Lung Cancer Screening will provide content-specific advice and expertise supporting specific initiatives focused on lung cancer screening as outlined in the Partnership’s 2017-2022 Strategic Plan. The Expert Advisor will work with other Partnership staff and key stakeholders to align efforts and foster collaboration to inform the development and implementation of Partnership initiatives in an effort to drive the cancer control strategy forward.
The Expert Advisor will be responsible for the following:
- Provide expert advice to the Director, Screening and Early Detection and Vice President, Cancer Control as required, on related work and assist in identifying synergies across initiatives
- Participate as a member of the Screening Quality Committee and other advisory mechanisms as requested by the Director, Screening and Early Detection and Vice President, Cancer Control
- Stay informed of new developments and connected to national and international leaders related to lung cancer screening to contribute broad new thinking to the Partnership’s work and strategic direction
- Be an external ambassador for the organization
- Other specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Advise on pan-Canadian screening network priorities, program data collection and reporting, and emerging trends
- Advance priorities for lung cancer screening and across screening disease sites
- Act as Chair, Pan-Canadian Lung Cancer Screening Network
Term of the Contract: The term of this 12 month contract will begin June 15, 2017 to June 15, 2018 with opportunity to extend.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate should have an advanced degree or experience in science, medicine or related field. He/she will have experience or knowledge of Canadian lung cancer screening developments with demonstrated leadership capabilities and achievements; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to facilitate dialogue and problem-solving amongst multidisciplinary groups; proven ability to chair provincial and/or national forums; excellent oral communication and presentation skills; and highly supportive of the Partnership’s Cancer Control strategy.
Posted Date: May 23, 2017
Closing Date: July 15, 2017
If you are interested in applying for this positions, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.