Deadline June 12, 2017
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an opportunity for a temporary, full-time Human Resources Coordinator to join the Human Resources team at the 50 King Street, London office until December 31, 2017. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Human Resources, and provide coordinative support to the HR team across functions and activities including: recruitment, onboarding, attendance & disability management, employee and labour relations, HRIS & records management, committee participation, and event planning. Additionally, the HR Coordinator plays a front-line role to respond to employee enquiries and requests.
- Completed university degree in Human Resources (or a related discipline) and/or a college diploma in Human Resources Management is required.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation must be completed or in progress (minimum of the Comprehensive Knowledge Exam 1 successfully completed).
- Minimum of 1 year direct HR experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Excellent computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office, HRIS systems & databases, online research, and recruitment posting boards.
- Working knowledge of all relevant Acts, legislation and regulations (e.g. Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, WSIB, etc.).
- Professional demeanor with proven customer service skills, a resourceful attitude, effective communication skills, and strong discretion to deal with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities/inquiries/requests to perform independently and effectively.
- Strong collaboration skills to work effectively in a team environment with internal colleagues and management at all levels, as well as with external partners.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and reliable transportation to be able to work at all MLHU office locations in London and Middlesex County, if needed.
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other languages is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by June 12, 2017 quoting posting # HRFTCOORDOPP-0617.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.