Deadline June 12, 2017
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Epidemiologist in the Foundational Standard division. Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, population health assessment, surveillance and outbreak management.
- Minimum requirement of a Master’s degree in Epidemiology; PhD preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate strong skills and experience in the following areas is required:
- Applied communicable and non-communicable disease epidemiology;
- Theory and application of epidemiological concepts;
- Methods to support program planning, evaluation and evidence-informed decision-making;
- Literature review and synthesis, including critical appraisal;
- Population Health Assessment with a focus on social determinants of health and Health Equity; and,
- Familiarity with Research Ethics Review process and privacy legislation.
- Robust understanding of public health and Ontario Public Health Standards is necessary, specifically with advanced knowledge of current public health issues.
- Summarizing complex data and facilitating knowledge transfer and the implementation of results, including preparation of written reports and delivery of presentations.
- Communication, relationship building, problem solving, and organizational skills to effectively engage and partner with frontline practitioners, program managers, directors and external stakeholders.
- Advanced Microsoft Office user and knowledge of public health data sources and experience using statistical packages (e.g. Stata); experience using geographic information software is considered an asset.
- Project management skills and people management experience to provide direction and project supervision to data analysis staff and/or supervise graduate epidemiology students.
- The ability to communicate in French or other language(s) is considered an asset.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by June 12, 2017 quoting posting # FSFTEPI-0617
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at email@example.com.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.