Deadline June 19, 2017
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has two exciting opportunities to work within the Foundational Standard division. MLHU is looking for:
- A temporary, full-time Program Evaluator to work until the end of August 2017.
- A part-time Program Evaluator to work full-time hours until December 31, 2017, with a possibility of full-time hours extending beyond 2017.
The successful candidates will work with managers and program staff at the Health Unit and their community partners to develop, implement, and evaluate programs and services.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Provide evaluation consultations;
- Collaborate with program staff and community partners in the planning and evaluation of public health programs and services;
- Identify appropriate methodology, develop evaluation plans, collect and analyze data, implement quality checks, and produce reports;
- Disseminate results including presentations of evaluation findings and facilitate the uptake and implementation of evaluation results; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Master’s degree in Health Evaluation, Public Health, Health Sciences or a related Social Science such as Psychology, Sociology or Education is required.
- Experienced in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and data analysis, literature review and critical appraisal skills is necessary.
- Demonstrated experience addressing applied evaluation questions in a health or human service organization.
- Strong background in project management and related technology/software skills.
- Communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills commensurate with the expectations of an individual contributor position.
- Ability to concurrently work on multiple projects, shift focus to respond to urgent needs, provide support to front line staff and managers, and meet specified deadlines.
- The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by June 19, 2017 quoting posting # FSPE-0617-02. Please indicate if you are interested in either or both positions in your cover letter.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at email@example.com.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.