Deadline June 13, 2017
Are you a strategic, collaborative manager who can plan, lead and manage all aspects of the ministry’s health research agenda? If so, consider this exciting opportunity with the Research, Analysis and Evaluation Branch, Strategic Policy and Planning Division.
As the Manager, Research Planning and Management, you will liaise across the ministry to determine research needs and priorities, develop research strategy, manage research funding, foster collaboration between researchers and ministry knowledge users, and foster knowledge exchange activities.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this senior management role, you will:
- Manage the Health System Research Fund, including:
- Designing and administering research funding competitions that ensure the ministry has access to best-in-class research programs.
- Ensuring capacity is built up in areas of research priority to the ministry.
- Ensuring robust knowledge translation processes are in place so evidence is readily available for policy and program development.
- Leading negotiations with senior executives such as Vice-Presidents of Research to complete Transfer Payment Accountability Agreements.
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness in regular fiscal reporting and accountability cycles, including Program Review, Renewal, and Transformation (PRRT), in-year expenditure and broader corporate financial processes.
- Overseeing analysis of productivity and impact reporting from grant recipients and development of effective tools to articulate the impact of the Health System Research Fund.
- Develop and manage relationships with health system stakeholders and the research community to foster collaboration and partnership for the purpose of generating evidence for use in policy and program design and development.
- Foster patient-oriented research in collaboration with CIHR’s Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) Initiative, and pursue collaborative work with SPOR Networks and SPOR Support Units.
- Lead complex, multifaceted project teams to deliver on strategic policy and transformational change initiatives.
- Build and maintain networks and strong linkages with executives and senior management across the ministry, and with other ministries, to provide expertise and authoritative advice about policy-relevant research evidence for strategies/policies/plans/programs.
How do I qualify?
Leadership and Management:
- You have the leadership experience to deliver results consistent with expectations for quality and effectiveness.
- You have demonstrated expertise building and motivating a high-performing team of diverse staff to successfully deliver on organizational goals
- You have demonstrated commitment to fostering and promoting collaboration and team work.
- You have a proven record of driving change through new methods and innovative processes.
- You have knowledge of research development, peer-reviewed research funding processes, including plans to inform research priorities.
- You have knowledge of government policy and program development, accountability, governance and approval processes, principles and guidelines, and can successfully lead projects through all phases.
- You have knowledge/experience in evaluation and outcome measurement to lead the development of evaluation frameworks, priorities and best practices that support the evaluation of policy/program outcomes.
- You have experience serving as a knowledge broker to ministry executives, senior management on policy-relevant research strategies, principles, methods, tools and plans, producing plain language materials to ensure research findings are understood by non-academic audiences.
Stakeholder Engagement, Relationship and Partnership Building:
- You have successfully worked collaboratively to build linkages and networks across branches, divisions and across the Ontario Public Service, including other levels of government and external partners/stakeholders.
- You are a skilled communicator with experience translating ideas and high-level vision into implementable strategic plans with defined priorities, deliverables and outcomes.
- You have superior consultation/negotiation skills and provide the opportunity for stakeholder input, while considering the priorities of the government.
Salary range: $99,005 - $113,156 per year
Location: 80 Grosvenor Street, Toronto
Duration: 1 Permanent Position
Please apply online, only, at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=108697, by Tuesday, June 13, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.