July 6, 2017
Speaker: Dr. Adele Diamond, Canada Research Chair Tier 1, Professor of Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience
"...a markedly different perspective from mainstream"
Adele will speak on:
- The role of early adverse experiences (including childhood trauma) and unresolved grief in a host of health problems (mental as well as physical) and social problems including depression, anxiety, suicide, heart disease, immune disorders, lung disease, obesity, addictions, homelessness, chronic unemployment, and more.
- The childhood origins of adult disease and how stress a parent experiences early in his or her life can negatively affect that person’s children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.
- What can be done to head off children experiencing adverse events, to mitigate the effects of stressors in children’s lives and in their parents’ lives, and to help people thrive despite having experienced trauma earlier in life.
- AND, critically, how prefrontal cortex and executive functions are especially negatively impacted by trauma and early adverse experiences,
- AND how executive functions can be of such great help in recovering from stressful and traumatic experiences.
- Save $50 - Bring a friend Register online
- Save 10% - 3 or 4 People (Email for form)
- Save 15% - 5 to 9 people (Email for form)
- Save 25% - Group of 10 or more (Email for form)
- Professional Associations: ask about a blanket discount for your professional association, network or agency. Save 10 to 25%.