Deadline June 16, 2017
Job opportunity #17-34
We are currently seeking a highly motivated health professional to contribute to our organizational mission of working with our communities to promote and protect health and prevent disease.
Reporting to the Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division, the casual Office Assistant is an integral member of a multidisciplinary team and will be required to provide coverage when staff is ill as well as for scheduled vacation time.
- Acting as the first point of contact for the public who call or visit the Health Unit. For example, you will answer the telephone, greet clients, and handle materials to be picked up and dropped off.
- Scheduling appointments for clinics including sexual health, immunization and travel clinics using the Clinic Information System (CIS).
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in office administration or a similar discipline or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly, appropriately and effectively with the public in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to work on short notice.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of information at all times.
- Demonstrated organizational and multi-tasking skills, accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Keyboarding skills of 50 words per minute.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with your team members and other staff.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
- Advanced oral proficiency in both official languages is essential.
Resumés will be accepted until June 16, 2017 and should be sent in confidence to:
Ms. Laurie Gagnon, Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: 705.522.9200, ext. 410
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
Learn more about interviews, collection of information, and accommodation: https://www.sdhu.com/join-us#interviews.