Parry Sound, Ontario
Deadline June 12, 2017
Job Posting #2017/013 – Re-Posted
Position: Public Health Inspector - OPSEU – Environmental Health Program
Hours of Work: Temporary – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 Fte)
Effective: As soon as possible to may 25, 2018 (subject to change)
Location: Branch Office – Parry Sound
Additional Info: Leave of Absence
Working as a member of the Environmental Health team, the incumbent is responsible for carrying out inspections and investigations under the provision of the Health Protection and Promotion Act and its regulations, reporting on public health related programs such as food safety, drinking water, general and institutional sanitation, collecting and submitting samples for laboratory analysis and interpreting the results.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Baccalaureate in Environmental Health
- Current Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada) or equivalent
- Two years field experience in an Environmental Health program
- Experience in program planning and evaluation, inventory monitoring and control, and statistical data management
- Self-motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to respond to varied and shared tasks associated with working in a positive team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required including proposals, briefs, and annual reports
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Computer skills in word processing, data management, internet and social media
- Ability to participate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work flex hours/on call as required
- Requires a valid “G” or “G2” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accessibility accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $37.91 to Maximum $42.67 (plus 4% vacation pay and 4% public holiday pay)
Closing Date: Monday, June 12, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant Attention: Job Posting #2017/013 – Re-Posted
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: If you did not receive a confirmation email that your resume/application has been received, please contact Wendy Moore at (705) 474-1400 ext. 2562 for confirmation.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.