June 20, 2017
9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Registration opens at 8:30 a.m.
Royal Canadian Legion #147, 410 St. Vincent Street
One of the best parts of our work is going on the road to meet nonprofits and charities on their home turf and find out what’s going on in their region and share policy and advocacy work that can support our work collectively.
We’re thrilled to be in Barrie, Ontario next and invite you to get engaged in big picture sector thinking and find new ways to build strong and vibrant communities in the area! This is a chance to hear about public policy and issues at the provincial level, connect to nonprofits and charities and what’s happening in your region, and learn more about advocacy and policy building across the sector.
Join your co-hosts New Path Foundation and ONN to connect and help strengthen and mobilize nonprofits in the Barrie area.
This day-long event will feature:
Morning session (Discussions):
- Provincial scope: Hear about policies, strategies and partnerships happening in Ontario’s nonprofit sector and how provincial trends and issues have impact on the regional level.
- Issues and opportunities facing Barrie nonprofits and charities: What issues keep you up at night? What opportunities get you motivated in the morning?
Afternoon breakout sessions (Choose two topics of interest):
- Social Enterprise Ecosystem: Learn about this brand new national project with training, marketing and impact measurement resources for your social enterprise, whether you’re at the phase of emerging, scaling up or sustaining your activity.
- Sector Driven Evaluation Strategy: What we’ve learned from our two-year project that can support your evaluation work and planning, from a discussion guide to negotiating with funders
- Building a Decent Work Movement in Ontario’s Nonprofit Sector: How decent work improves quality of life for employees and supports more effective and impactful outcomes for nonprofits. Plus, promising practices, a checklist and charter and more resources to implement decent work in your organization.
Cost: $20 (includes a light breakfast, lunch and snack break)
The deadline to register is Friday, June 9.
Register today: http://ontariononprofitnetwork.onefireplace.org/event-2563525.