Deadline June 12, 2017
Location: Sudbury Office
Salary: $108,290 - $124,560 annually
We are looking for a dynamic senior executive with superior skills in leadership and strategic thinking, as well as substantive public health knowledge and experience to improve health for all in our communities. Your superior communication skills will be essential to foster and maintain excellent internal and external relationships.
Reporting to the Medical Officer of Health/Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Public Health is a member of senior management, contributing excellence in organizational leadership and cross‑agency planning and decision-making. As Director your superior leadership and strategic thinking skills, combined with your substantive public health knowledge ensure that the Sudbury & District Health Unit improves health for all in our communities. You have key responsibilities under the Health Protection and Promotion Act, the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS), and the Ontario Public Health Organizational Standards. As the OPHS is currently under provincial review, your specific areas of program leadership are being determined.
- Master’s level degree in public health or relevant field (e.g. nursing, health administration, health promotion).
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario, with knowledge and understanding of College standards of practice.
- Minimum of six or more years of experience in a public health unit or relevant community health agency combined with progressive supervisory and administrative responsibility.
- Demonstrated superior leadership and interpersonal skills, in particular negotiating solutions and making decisions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community organizations and resources.
- Demonstrated computer skills with experience in word processing, presentation software, email, internet/intranet usage, spreadsheets and database software.
- Knowledge of current practice in relation to ethical issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of pertinent federal, provincial and municipal legislation, regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to function cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary field.
- Eligible for joint appointment with affiliated universities.
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English is essential.
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in French is an asset.
- Maintains current Ontario Driver’s license and has access to a reliable vehicle in order to fulfill position requirements.
- Satisfactory police reference check in accordance with SDHU policy for those for whom this is required.
As the successful applicant, you have a Masters level degree in public health or relevant field (e.g. nursing, health administration, health promotion) and a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario. You also have six or more years of experience in a public health unit or relevant community health agency combined with progressive supervisory and administrative responsibility. As Director, Public Health, you will be responsible for public health programs as per the Ontario Public Health Standards, as current, with specific leadership areas to be determined. Your position requires significant initiative and an effective balance of big picture thinking with day-to-day operational management of your portfolios. Your superior communication skills are essential in creating and maintaining excellent relationships both internal and external to the Health Unit.
Resumes will be accepted until Monday, June 12, 2017, and should be sent in confidence to:
Rachel Quesnel, Executive Assistant to the Medical Officer of Health, Sudbury & District Health Unit, 1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word format only)
Phone: 705.522.9200, ext. 291 Fax: 705.677.9606
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
Learn more about interviews, collection of information, and accommodation: https://www.sdhu.com/join-us#interviews.