Deadline May 31, 2017
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable.
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Manager, Control of Infectious Diseases/Outbreak Management #20744
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Infectious Diseases Control Division
Location: Vaughan, Ontario. This is a Non-Union position.
Full-Time, Salary $113,234 - $133,191 annually
Reporting to the Director, Infectious Diseases Control, the manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of services and activities associated with the Control of Infectious Disease and Tuberculosis control programs within the Infectious Diseases Control Division; supporting and providing advice and direction for case, contact and outbreak investigation of communicable diseases of public health importance, accurate data entry by staff into various information systems; identification and implementation of quality control and improvement initiatives; accurate, complete collection, analysis and reporting of communicable disease data, and service delivery in compliance with Health Protection and Promotion Act, other relevant legislation, Ontario Public Health Standards and Regional policies, procedures and standards.
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate Degree from a recognized university in Business or Public Administration, nursing, environmental health, or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive experience in management of clinical health services or infectious disease control, preferably in a public health setting, including demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in case/contact management and outbreak investigations.
- Knowledge of basic epidemiology and demonstrated ability to interpret descriptive epidemiologic data, tables and graphs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Legislation, Standards, Acts and Regulations.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management.
- Demonstration of Departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Contemporary supervisory and human resource management skills, knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, and labour relations principles and practices.
- Strong report writing, research, analytical and project management skills to meet program objectives and work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Demonstrated good judgement and the ability to perform well under stress and when handling emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs and services in an assigned program area.
- Ability to work outside regular hours, as required, and shares an on-call schedule.
(Contact information redacted - post closed May 31, 2017)
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.