Deadline May 11, 2017
Position Title: Program Manager
Current Program: Foundational Standards
Position Classification: Manager
Position Available: Immediately
Position Category: Regular, Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Operations
1. Summary of duties:
Reporting to the Director of Operations and as a member of a multi-disciplinary management team, the Manager is responsible for the effective leadership, management and supervision of their assigned staff and related service delivery in accordance with Peterborough Public Health’s mission, vision, values, strategic priorities, policies and procedures. The Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating the delivery of all assigned programs. As a member of the management team, the Manager contributes to excellence in the leadership of the organization and collaborates with other members of management in the planning and decision processes and enhancing the delivery of public health.
2. Minimum qualifications and position requirements:
- Graduate degree in a health, human service, management or discipline directly applicable to the practice of public health; or demonstrated equivalent experience in combination with a four year bachelor’s degree in health service, or related discipline.
- For the current assignment, the undergraduate and/or graduate degree must have a specific focus on health informatics, epidemiology or health research and include courses in epidemiology, program/project management and evaluation.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in programming or service delivery in a relevant functional area, preferably in public health/community health setting.
- A minimum of five years progressive supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Standards of Public Health Programs and Services (SPHPS) and Accountability Framework.
- Population Health Assessment, Community Surveillance.
- Determinants of Health and Risk Factors for Injury and Disease.
- Research Methodology and Analysis.
- Program Planning and Evaluation.
- Relevant health informatics and databases.
- Health Equity and Healthy Public Policy.
- Demonstrated effective skills in:
- Leadership, management, supervisory and team-building skills that reflect the organization’s values.
- Interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Critical thinking related to financial management and reporting.
- The ability and flexibility to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- The ability to effectively adapt to new or changing requirements.
- The ability to prioritize and organize workload within a dynamic work environment.
- Critical appraisal of scientific literature.
- Interpretation of population health and surveillance reports.
- Liaison, facilitation and collaboration with community partners.
- Application of effective public health practices.
- Interpretation and application of regional/local provincial standards and relevant legislation, research, and other relevant information.
- Application of relevant software programs (including but not limited to spreadsheet, database, statistical, Microsoft Office programs and internet).
- Ability to respond 24/7 for public health emergencies.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check and will be required to comply with Peterborough Public Health’s immunization policies.
3. Apply in writing to:
Peterborough Public Health is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process at the request of the applicant.
In applying for this job make sure your resume and/or your responses to questions at the interview address the qualifications noted above.
Please note that only applicants to be given further consideration will be contacted for an interview.
4. Applications to be received no later than: Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.
5. Date and time posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017, at 8:30 a.m.
c: Larry Stinson, Director of Operations
Patti Fitzgerald, Assistant Director and Chief Nursing and Privacy Officer
Jennifer Anderson, Human Resources Manager